Hybrid publishing is an emerging model that combines different aspects of traditional publishing and self-publishing. According to the Independent Book Publishers Association, hybrid publishers must:
- Define a mission and vision for its publishing program.
- Vet submissions.
- Publish under its own imprint(s) and ISBNs.
- Publish to industry standards.
- Ensure editorial, design, and production quality.
- Pursue and manage a range of publishing rights.
- Provide distribution services.
- Demonstrate respectable sales.
- Pay authors a higher-than-standard royalty.
At Spring Cedars, for example, we provide writers with customizable services based on their specific needs and goals, and view the publishing process as a partnership with the author.
- We don't have a strict submission policy.
- You don't need a finished manuscript to work with us.
- We remove the middleman so there's no need for a literary agent.
- You are included in all steps of the process.
- We offer a variety of high-quality à la carte services.
- You can create and customize your own publishing package.
- We respect your rights and desires.
- You aren’t put through a boilerplate procedure.
- We take a personal approach and build lasting relationships.
- You earn a much larger percentage on sales.
With hybrid publishing, you get the best of both worlds! Contact us today for you FREE Initial Consultations.