What kind of publisher is Spring Cedars?
Spring Cedars is a hybrid publisher that offers the benefits of both traditional publishing and self-publishing. We have created our own publishing model to provide writers with custom à la carte services based on their specific needs and goals, including editing, artwork, book production, distribution, and marketing.
We endorse and adhere to the Hybrid Publishing Standards outlined by the Independent Book Publishers Association.
- Define a mission and vision for its publishing program.
- Vet submissions.
- Publish under its own imprint(s) and ISBNs.
- Publish to industry standards.
- Ensure editorial, design, and production quality.
- Pursue and manage a range of publishing rights.
- Provide distribution services.
- Demonstrate respectable sales.
- Pay authors a higher-than-standard royalty.
What are the benefits of publishing with Spring Cedars?
Spring Cedar is your Personal Publisher.
- We do not have a strict submission policy.
- You do not need a finished manuscript to work with us.
- We remove the middleman so there's no need for a literary agent.
- You are included in all steps of the process.
- We offer a variety of high-quality à la carte services.
- You can create and customize your own publishing package.
- We respect your rights and desires.
- You aren’t put through a boilerplate procedure.
- We take a personal approach and build lasting relationships.
- You earn a much larger percentage on sales.
How much does it cost to work with Spring Cedars?
Costs vary depending on the needs and goals of each writer. During the review process, we create a custom publishing solution with recommended services and associated costs. You may select services separately, or purchase a full package. Receive a quote by contacting us HERE.
Does Spring Cedars accept all submissions?
Yes. We publish both non-fiction and fiction titles. We accept all genres and encourage you to submit a manuscript HERE. We also produce both paperback and ebooks. For your free Initial Consultation, fill out a form HERE.
When evaluating works, Spring Cedars is blind to the writer’s ethnicity, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation, place of origin, and political affiliation. Assessments are based on quality, tone, relevance, and integrity.
We reject works that promote hate, violence, and sexual exploitation, are libelous, or have plagiarism. Spring Cedars takes its responsibility to writers, readers, and the publishing industry very seriously, pledging to act ethically and with transparency.
How does Spring Cedars create a publishing solution?
We review the data gathered from Initial Consultations and Submission Forms which includes project goals and purpose, author bio, genre, word count, subject, and writing quality. Together with you, we create your personalized publishing solution.
Do I keep my rights when publishing with Spring Cedars?
Yes. Authors maintain ownership of their work. Per the Spring Cedars Publishing Agreement, authors license to Spring Cedars the rights to their work.
What is Copyright Registration?
Registering your work with the United States Copyright Office provides you with public record of your ownership of the work. Spring Cedars offers a service to complete and submit the necessary paperwork for registration. Once approved, you will receive an official certificate that verifies your book's coverage under United States copyright regulations.
Does Spring Cedars offer editing?
Yes. Editing is a vital stage in the publishing process. We offer all levels of editing including developmental editing, content editing, copyediting, and proofreading. For more details, view the full list of our editing services HERE.
How long will it take to publish my book?
A variety of factors affect the production time of a book. We can give you an estimate of turnaround time after we have reviewed your manuscript and spoken with you. A typical publishing timeline can take anywhere from 3 to 12 months. At Spring Cedars, we strive to work hard and publish your book as quickly and efficiently as possible.
What is Print on Demand?
Print on Demand (POD) is a method used to print publications as needed, fulfilling orders as they are received. Rather than pre-printing a large quantity of books using the traditional offset printing strategy, books can be printed in the highest quality and in quantities as small as one. POD eliminates the need for bulk storage, reduces printing and shipping costs, and is more environmentally friendly.
How is my book distributed?
Depending on your personal publishing solution, your book can be distributed to Amazon, libraries, and/or bookstores. Spring Cedars works directly with Amazon and Ingram (the largest global book distributor) to make your book available throughout the world.
What is distribution with returns?
The ability for booksellers to return unwanted and/or overstocked copies of a book is a standard publishing practice. Per the Spring Cedars Publishing Agreement, if our authors opt to allow returns, they will be responsible for the costs associated with such returns.
Does Spring Cedars provide help with marketing/promotion?
We offer several marketing services including:
- creating a marketable book title, cover, and description
- conducting market analysis and detailed keyword research
- coaching on best marketing practices
- publishing works on the Spring Cedars website
- providing various opportunities and materials to assist with campaigns (fact sheets, media kits, author websites, social media)
- lifelong support
Our authors do take an active part in the promotion of their books.